Shannon is a solicitor of England & Wales and hopes to soon be a registered California Attorney, having recently passed the February 2023 administration of the California Bar Exam. She works on a wide variety of our cases both in the UK and internationally, including civil litigation, dispute resolution, employment (contentious and non-contentious), and higher education.
Shannon joined McAllister Olivarius after graduating from Lancaster University with First Class Honours in Law. She initially spent a year with AO Advocates, our former sister firm, now fully incorporated into McAllister Olivarius, where she assisted in numerous lawsuits against child sex abusers. Shannon then completed her legal studies at the University of Law, Bloomsbury, achieving a Distinction, whilst simultaneously completing her training contract to become a solicitor.
Shannon has regularly been involved with projects to create wider access to justice and the legal profession, including: volunteering as a student advisor in the local Law Clinic; serving as the Careers Officer on the Executive Board of Lancaster University’s Law Society; writing and being quoted on the new SQE exams for solicitors entering the profession.
In her leisure time she enjoys cooking hearty English classics and baking everything from cupcakes to three-tier masterpieces. She also enjoys camping and hiking in the peaks, and in her home town in the Derbyshire Dales.
Shannon is also mum to one of our office dogs, Neeko, who is expert in keeping morale high and advising on afternoon naps.
- Secured a multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of a victim subjected to child sexual abuse at a major global company.
- Represented numerous students in complaints against their universities for the way their sexual harassment and disability discrimination complaints were handled.
- Represented students in appeals against university decisions, including expulsions and academic sanctions.
- Representing a group of artists against an internationally renowned institution, in a race discrimination and victimisation claim.
- Represented a victim of sexual assault by a celebrity chef in securing witness testimony under the Hague Convention for US proceedings.
- Advised employers and employees on navigating the exits of senior employees in contentious situations involving cross-jurisdiction competition and restrictive covenant issues, potential theft of confidential commercial data, whistle-blowing, race and sex discrimination and harassment.
- Advised employers on employment contracts, consultancy agreements, employee handbooks and relevant policies.