Head of US Practice and Of Counsel
After consulting with the firm for nearly twenty years, Lee Trevis joined McAllister Olivarius in 2017, and now leads the firm’s US Practice Group.
Before joining the firm, Lee directed a nationwide U.S. litigation consulting firm, devoting his diverse legal knowledge and research skills to strengthen and support complex litigation in state and federal courts throughout the U.S. With McAllister Olivarius, Lee works with employees and students who have suffered unlawful discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, both to affirmatively enforce their rights under state and federal laws and to preemptively prevent employers from taking unlawful adverse actions against them.
Academically, Lee graduated with honors from Drake University Law School, where he served on the editorial board of the Drake Law Review and the leadership committee of the school law society. He has spoken on ethical and economic challenges facing attorneys in private practice and is a court-recognized expert in legal research.
Lee is admitted to practice in Minnesota and the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois.
- Negotiated a substantial gender discrimination settlement on behalf of an accomplished virologist against her university employer.
- Obtained defendant’s full settlement authority to resolve university student’s claims for wrongful expulsion and gender discrimination by her professors.
- Strategized on a highly favorable settlement for a high-level whistleblower at a major hospital system.
- Defeated defendant’s motion to dismiss plaintiff’s federal anticyberquatting claims, quickly leading to settlement.
- Internally resolved a women’s hockey player’s sex discrimination complaint against the hockey coach at a prominent Division I university.