Laura Gleen brings her decade-plus litigation experience to bear at McAllister Olivarius in cases addressing a range of subject matters. She works on cases ranging from international child abuse to domestic employment discrimination, as well as contract disputes, employment discrimination, and other matters.
Laura has been recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star multiple times, most recently in 2020. She is licensed in New York, Washington, D.C., and Texas.
Prior to joining McAllister Olivarius, Laura was a partner at Buck Keenan, a boutique litigation firm in Houston, Texas. Her practice focused on commercial litigation, where she has considerable experience in energy-related matters and catastrophic personal injury defense. Laura also has experience in construction, condemnation, and real estate matters. Laura works on cases involving contract disputes, fraud, negligence, product liability defense, and other types of claims with a focus on providing comprehensive litigation services to her clients. Laura has been involved in several trials at state and federal levels, as well as arbitrations and mediations, including as first chair.
Laura also worked for Greenberg Traurig, L.L.P., in its Washington D.C. and Houston offices. In Houston, Laura was a member of the Garland R. Walker Inn of Court. She volunteered for Rhodesian Ridgeback Rescue.
Laura attended the University of Cambridge in England, where she majored in Philosophy. She was awarded a B.A. in 2006 and a M.A. (Cantab) in 2010. Laura earned her law degree from Columbia Law School in New York in 2010.
Outside of work, Laura enjoys exploring the countryside with her dog, exploring new restaurants with friends, and exploring the world—particularly South America—with anyone who is up for the adventure!
- Wide-ranging representation of Finland-based international crane manufacturer on multiple million-dollar matters, including contract dispute involving Germany-based subsidiary (serving as lead counsel), wrongful death claims against Finland entity at a US Port (second chair), and loss-of-limbs claim against US entity at ExxonMobil refinery in Louisiana (second chair).
- Successfully defended international scaffolding company against claims of theft of trade secrets and confidential information through trial as first chair.
- Defending partner in Cameroon-based exploration and production project in ICC arbitration in Houston against multi-million-dollar claim. As a late addition to the team, offered several novel and creative theories and strategies leading to success in arbitration.
- Representation of US-based natural gas production company on wide variety of Texas-based matters, including personal injury (lead counsel), PPQ-related lease matters, and calculation of payments under farm-out agreement.
- Representing multiple pipeline companies in condemnation matters, ranging from providing analysis in advance of condemnation proceedings to defending against eight-figure claims of trespass and wrongful possession. Responsible for key pleadings leading to settlement on favorable terms.
- Representation of one of the largest energy infrastructure companies in North America against multi-million-dollar claim relating to sale of energy asset (second chair).
- Lead trial and appellate counsel defending out-of-state lumber yard in product liability matters. Drafted successful motion to dismiss first claim, drafted appellate pleadings, and represented the client in settling second claim on favorable terms.
- Advised Germany-based client of London law firm on Texas-specific matters in the client’s arbitration (sole Texas counsel).
- Representation of energy company against nine-figure breach-of-contract claim (second chair). Summary judgment awarded in favor of client on all counts, sustained by the Texas Supreme Court.
- Regular representation of large IT company on contract dispute and collection matters.