Josephine is a Consultant Solicitor specialising in family law, including financial and children matters, cohabitation, pre and post nuptial agreements and divorce.
Josephine focuses her practice on resolving problems and finding solutions. While always working to advance her client’s position, she also seeks to promote the long-term wellbeing of each family she encounters. Family breakup may be a short period in the parties’ lives, and their long term ability to co-operate is often important to preserve where possible, particularly for the welfare of the children.
Josephine was initially called to the Bar but found the life of a solicitor blended better with motherhood of 4 daughters and 1 son. She has practised as a solicitor for 40 years, including being a partner in a firm, including in her own name, for 25 years.
Josephine is a member of the Law Society’s Advanced Family Panel, and the Conveyancing Quality Scheme. She is also a highly qualified mediator, an early member of Resolution, the architect of family mediation, who also trained her in Collaborative Law.
In her spare time, Jo enjoys her family, world politics, music and art, racing horses and cars, rugby and snow sports.
- Pre-nuptial agreement for High Net Worth family with significant business wealth.
- Finalising financial arrangements for many High Net Worth divorcing couples.
- Advising on succession of business and property holdings, working closely with accountants.
- Representing father in a successful (and reported) case, assuring that arrangements were made to ensure the safe return to the jurisdiction of children being taken to a non-Hague Convention country by the mother.
- Successfully representing grandparents seeking to live with grandchildren who had been removed from their parents.
- Acting on behalf of both mothers and fathers in complex and contentious Children Act cases.