James Green is a Senior Associate at McAllister Olivarius, and has almost a decade of experience in business and law.
After receiving his bachelor’s degree in Law and Economics at Keele University, James completed his Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (LPC) at the Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, an affiliation of the University of Oxford.
He started his commercial-orientated career providing advice to a pan-European commercial asset rental and finance group. James moved to private practice in 2013, working within Shoosmiths’ Top-Tier Legal 500 Employment team before completing his training and working for well-respected regional firms north of London.
James was admitted as a Solicitor of England and Wales in 2016, and has worked on a wide range of matters including in employment, commercial law and civil litigation. His work covers issues in the County Court, High Court and the Employment Tribunal for international businesses, SMEs and individuals and includes contentious and non-contentious matters.
James joined McAllister Olivarius in October 2018 and continues to practice on a varying caseload. His current focus in on equality law and employment, alongside work on broader commercial and civil litigation matters.
Away from the office, James enjoys all things sport-related including playing football and golf, and hiking in the Chilterns.
- Advised clients in respect of breaches of the Equality Act in higher education and against Russell Group Universities: including numerous student complaints against their universities for their handling of complaints of sexual harassment and discrimination.
- Represented a senior employee in a claim for sex discrimination and equal pay against her employer, engaged in the UK oil industry.
- Navigated a million-pound defamation claim against a large media group.
- Advised clients in commercial disputes arising from contracts, sale of goods and services, shareholder disputes and company sales.
- Ongoing advice to companies and charities on workplace issues: disciplinary and grievances, redundancies, health and safety issues.
- Represented clients on cross-jurisdictional matters, including the recovery and enforcement of cross-jurisdictional debts.