Honza Cervenka is a solicitor of England & Wales and an attorney registered with the California Bar. He works on a wide variety of our cases on both sides of the Atlantic, including civil, employment, and data protection litigation in the UK, and Title VII and Title IX discrimination cases in the US. Due to his background in IT, he works on the technical aspects of helping people whose reputations have been attacked online.
Honza is a leading lawyer of our online reputation and privacy practice. He frequently speaks on the challenges that victims of online harassment and image-based sexual abuse face when they seek justice against the perpetrators.
Honza grew up in the Czech Republic until he won a scholarship to study at the United World College of the Adriatic in Italy. He then received his B.A. cum laude in Music and International Studies at Macalester College in Minnesota, USA. While in Minnesota, Honza worked in the law offices of Jeff Anderson & Associates for two years, where he assisted in numerous lawsuits against child sex abusers. He completed his legal studies at the University of Law, Bloomsbury.
As a teenager, Honza was a frequent lecturer in Computer Science courses for the public at the Technical University of Ostrava. Outside office hours, he is an enthusiastic photographer, conductor and singer.
- Representing group of current and former employees of a major hospital network in a sex and race discrimination suit pending in the Southern District of New York (Atkinson et al v. Mount Sinai Health System, Inc. et al, 1:19-cv-03779).
- Secured a multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of a high-level female executive subjected to sex discrimination at a major global financial institution.
- Represented a Sikh couple, Sandeep and Reena Mander, in their landmark race discrimination claim against their local authority relating to their attempted adoption of a child.
- Represented students in complaints against their universities for the way their sexual harassment and disability discrimination complaints were handled.
- Represented a victim of upskirting in a claim against the perpetrator’s employer.
- Advised employers and employees on navigating the exits of senior employees in contentious situations involving cross-jurisdiction competition and restrictive covenant issues, potential theft of confidential commercial data, whistleblowing, race and sex discrimination and harassment.
Latest from Honza
- Honza Cervenka features as GDPR expert in Al Jazeera documentary
Honza Cervenka explains how the Labour Party might have breached GDPR and UK data protection laws.
- RightsCon: The impact of image-based sexual abuse on survivors
Honza Cervenka is joined by Elena Michael, co-founder of #NotYourPorn, to discuss image-based sexual abuse and its impact on victims-survivors at RightsCon.
- The Hearing Podcast’s episode on Image-based sexual abuse, featuring Honza Cervenka (Thomson Reuters)
Honza Cervenka and Elena Michael from #NotYourPorn speak to Becky Annison on The Hearing about image-based sexual abuse and why the law needs to catch-up.