Honza Cervenka is a solicitor of England & Wales and works on a wide variety of our cases on both sides of the Atlantic, including civil, employment, and data protection litigation in the UK, and Title VII and Title IX discrimination cases in the US. Due to his background in IT, he works on the technical aspects of helping people whose reputations have been attacked online.
Honza is a member of our ConsentLawyers team and frequently speaks on the challenges that victims of online harassment and image-based sexual abuse face when they seek justice against the perpetrators.
Honza grew up in the Czech Republic until he won a scholarship to study at the United World College of the Adriatic in Italy. He then received his B.A. cum laude in Music and International Studies at Macalester College in Minnesota, USA. While in Minnesota, Honza worked in the law offices of Jeff Anderson & Associates for two years, where he assisted in numerous lawsuits against child sex abusers. He completed his legal studies at the University of Law, Bloomsbury.
As a teenager, Honza was a frequent lecturer in Computer Science courses for the public at the Technical University of Ostrava. Outside office hours, he is an enthusiastic photographer, conductor and singer.
- Representing group of current and former employees of a major hospital network in a sex and race discrimination suit pending in the Southern District of New York (Atkinson et al v. Mount Sinai Health System, Inc. et al, 1:19-cv-03779).
- Secured a multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of a high-level female executive subjected to sex discrimination at a major global financial institution.
- Represented a Sikh couple, Sandeep and Reena Mander, in their landmark race discrimination claim against their local authority relating to their attempted adoption of a child.
- Represented students in complaints against their universities for the way their sexual harassment and disability discrimination complaints were handled.
- Represented a victim of upskirting in a claim against the perpetrator’s employer.
- Advised employers and employees on navigating the exits of senior employees in contentious situations involving cross-jurisdiction competition and restrictive covenant issues, potential theft of confidential commercial data, whistleblowing, race and sex discrimination and harassment.
Latest from Honza
The AI Telegram bot that abused women is still out of control (WIRED)
Our resident cyber privacy expert, Associate Honza Cervenka, speaks to WIRED about the growth in abusive automation technology.
How influencers are being talked into porn on OnlyFans (The Sunday Times)
Honza Cervenka features in a Times article, explaining how explicit footage leaked from OnlyFans very quickly becomes a game of whack-a-mole.
Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA) Closing Statement
Associate Honza Cervenka, delivered a closing statement on behalf of Kol v’Oz and its Chief Executive Officer Manny Waks, a core participant in the Inquiry, addressing the issue of child sexual abuse in the global Jewish community.