Personal Immigration

Whether you are looking to start a business or relocate for work, moving to a new country is a big decision. Our personal and business immigration team will work with you to make sure that the unique circumstances of your immigration application, including your longer-term plans and needs, are adequately addressed.

We advise private individuals and their families on all aspects of relocation to the UK, from spouse/civil partner and dependent adult relative visas to indefinite leave to remain and British citizenship applications. For those wishing to start a business we advise on start-up/innovator routes while offering support in corporate and commercial and employment matters.

To discuss your personal immigration issues, please call us now on +44 (0)20 3048 5959 or fill in our contact formYou will be put in touch with an experienced member of our legal team who will work with you to determine the best course of action.

Our services and fees

We offer a free initial consultation call.

The table below contains guidance on our fees for handling different types of visa applications. Our fees are displayed as a range because the amount of work required for your matter will depend on the circumstances in your case, such as:

  • The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
  • Which language(s) you speak
  • Whether you are applying with other dependants

If you are able to provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting and clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the fixed fee is likely to be at the lower end of the relevant range below. We will be able to provide a more accurate cost and timescale after reviewing your documents and unique situation.

**A note on value added tax (VAT): All the figures given below exclude VAT charged at 20%. However, charging VAT in relation to immigration matters may depend on where you live and what immigration permission you have. We will confirm whether VAT (at a rate of 20%) is payable when you instruct us and we can work out if VAT is properly chargeable.

Type of ApplicationOur Fixed Fee (excluding VAT)
Entry Clearance for Spouse/Fiancée Visa/Partner£1,500-£2,000
Spouse Visa£1,200-£1,500
Unmarried Partners Visa£1,500-£2,000
Parent Visa£1,500-£2,000
Child Dependent Visa£1,500-£2,000
EU Free Movement – European Nationals (Family Permit Residence Card)£695-£1,200
EU Free Movement – EU Settlement Scheme£695-£1,200
Skilled Worker Visa£1,500-£2,000
Student Visa£695-£1,500
Global Business Mobility – Senior or Specialist Worker£3,000-£4,500
Global Business Mobility – Graduate Trainee£3,000-£4,500
Global Business Mobility – UK Expansion Worker£3,000-£4,500
Global Business Mobility – Service Supplier£3,000-£4,500
Global Business Mobility – Secondment Worker£3,000-£4,500
Indefinite Leave to Remain£2,500-£3,000
General Visitor Visa£695-£900
Naturalisation as a British Citizen (Adult)£850-£1,500
Registration of a child as a British Citizen£2,000-£2,500

Please note that you may also be responsible for other fees and expenses as stated and agreed in your engagement letter. Please always refer to the terms in your engagement letter for accurate billing information and speak with our staff if you have any questions.

Disbursements (not included in costs set out above):

Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. Disbursements may include:

  • Interpretation fees (typically around £30-50 per hour)
  • Independent expert reports (e.g. medical experts). These are not required in many cases. We will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report necessary.
  • If there is an interview and we do attend with you, there will be additional disbursements in respect of our mileage/travel expenses.

The costs quoted on this page do not include:

  • Any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay these fees to the Home Office directly as part of the application process.
  • Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal. In this circumstance, we will charge you based on the time the fee earners involved spend on your behalf, using the hourly Rate Card below. The invoiced fees will be the product of hours worked multiplied by the relevant hourly rate. 

**Please also note that our billing rates on the Rate Card below are reviewed periodically, and we will give you reasonable notice in writing of any changes.

Fee EarnerHourly Rate excluding VAT
Senior Counsel/ Consultant/ Of Counsel£450
Senior Associate£400
Trainee Solicitor£225
Senior Legal Analyst£150
Legal Analyst£90
Legal Support£45-90


We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. Read the current processing times.

We will normally be able to submit applications within 1-4 weeks of receiving instructions, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if your case is likely to take longer than this.

If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with our team immediately.